Friday, September 14, 2012

Wobbling!





Please watch the short clip above first.......

okay.....

So the man starts with some hesitation but goes ahead......

a smile on his face....

then the skateboard speeds up and things get wobbly....

the smile turns to Holy S*%#!....

and then it turns to chaos, fear, and wanting to find a way out....

then he finds himself in  the weeds, trying to figure out what just happened.....


This is a dramatic interpretation of my life the last few weeks.

I have begun nursing school, and I feel like this man....out of control and just trying to hang on.....hoping I don't end up in the weeds, trying to figure out what just happened.


Stress has over taken my life at the moment. I am working....hubby has a fractured tibia and is on crutches, so he is limited in what he can help with.....taking care of the home....attending to all the children's needs....

and in the middle of all this ...19 days of school.....has brought me.... assignments, papers, tests, quizzes, interviews, labs, orientations....that far exceed the number 19........

In 19 days I have probably done as much as I do in half a semester in most classes....

My sleep is short......my eyes are heavy...my blood pressure is high (I made a Dr's appt Monday to get that under control before I stroke out).........Anxiety is creeping in........

If my head was not attached I would probably lose it...........

So we have 20 other students in this program...

and guess what?

They feel just like me, they are following behind me, in front of me...wobbling their way down this course...just hanging on for dear life, just like me!

I thought it was me just overreacting, but this course seems to attract a certain kind of a person. The kind of person that looks at an obstacle and because of their over achieving, stubborn, neurotic, controlling, OCD personality..... they think, "Sure, I can do this!"

Then this personality starts down the hill.. and things start slipping out of their control. They start wobbling, their straight A's become B's, they can't figure out how to put on a sterile glove properly, then they figure if they can't get on sterile gloves properly how in the hell are they ever going to insert an NG tube or begin an IV......wobbling, wobbling, wobbling.......

Here we are nursing students...bound together in some strange way.....

All of us just trying to hang on, and not end up in the weeds.












No comments:

Post a Comment