Sunday, June 23, 2013

Tree of Life

" Human nature will not flourish, any more than a potato, if it be planted and replanted, for too long a series of generations, in the same worn-out soil. My children have had other birthplaces, and, so far as their fortunes may be within my control, shall strike their roots into unaccustomed earth."
 
 
 
 
This is on my back, I got it awhile ago, and it is truly a representation of my life and me. I know some of you reading this have judgement of a tattoo in general, I get it, it is not for everyone.... but I suppose the way I look at it is, it is not your body..... so you have nothing to worry about. I do however feel if you are going to get something that is going to be put permanently on your body till death, make sure it is something you really like, and make sure it is of a good quality.
 
Anyways back to the meaning...do you ever have those moments where you feel stuck....in a rut.....repeating life in the same hum drum way. I feel like I had a few years of that, and slowly over time I started making changes. Change is good...right?! Yes, as long as you always remember who you are, and stay rooted in that. 
 
This tree represents that.... even though I have made vast changes in my life I always stay rooted in my core beliefs. The branches represent family, friends, life changes, and growth. The five birds represent my family and I. I want my children to know that I want them to go, to be, to roam the world, and find happiness wherever they end up in life.
 
One of those birds is me.....the world is limitless...I have so much to see and learn still.....
 
......I still have unaccustomed earth to plant my roots in.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment