Thursday, May 20, 2010

Assassination of a Governor...




Today was Cheyenne and Kaitlynn's 4th grade program. They have been studying Utah state history this year. I remember studying state history in 4th grade. I lived in Idaho at the time and I had Mrs. Bolton for my teacher. I must say she was one of my favorite teachers. We had to do a diorama on some topic about Idaho state history. I am not sure why but I chose to do mine on the assassination of Governor Steunenberg. He was killed by a bomb that was attached to his front gate. I did a house with the car out front and the display of a dead governors body.Why did my parents not seek therapy for me at this time? I think a parent should be concerned that their child is fascinated by a brutal murder of someone. They did not send me to therapy I guess they just hoped it was a passing morbid adolescent phase. Seriously, an assassinated governor displayed in a cardboard diorama and nothing was said. We did go to a graveyard for a field trip that same year, I was probably ecstatic over this outing.


On a lighter note in kindergarten for mothers day my teacher had the students recite what we thought was the ingredients to a recipe. The teacher would write down the recipes and we drew the pictures to go along with the ingredients. So most kids did mac and cheese or spaghetti and meatballs. I chose to be practical, I chose toast. I did get a little adventurous and decided to add cinnamon sugar to the toast but in all reality I think mine was the only recipe that was correct. I may have had a fascination with death but at least I knew the extent of my cooking skills so I can say I was a practical child.

Anyways, the program went well. We had to do a diorama of the county that they were given. Cheyenne was given Iron county which is Cedar City area and Kaitlynn had to do Daggett county which has a population of 600 so that proved to be a little more challenging considering there is not a lot in that county to display in a diorama. We had thought about doing a mobile home with a redneck hanging out on the porch with his fresh killed deer but we thought that would not be the most appropriate of displays but on the other hand I did display a dead governor in my 4th grade diorama.....

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Too funny!
    So...where are the pictures of the final products???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question :)...I didn't get a picture of the diaorama but I think grandma did :)...

    ReplyDelete