Sunday, December 12, 2010

Do You See What I See?






Don't you remember that pure anticipation of Santa coming to visit? From Thanksgiving till December 25th Santa is all that plagued your mind when you were child. You believe with all your soul that this man knows everything about you and though he didn't always bring you what you wanted you seemed to get over it and look forward to the next year.

I know that when it comes to this time of year you want to make sure that your child understands the true meaning of Christmas. It is a time to celebrate our Savior's birth and to take the time to remember what a gracious gift we were given, and his birth is forever proof of the love that God has for us.

I know people think we get lost amongst the presents and the commercialized bustle but I don't necessarily believe that is all true....

I see children waiting for a man that loves all children, a man who is gentle and caring, a man who sees and hears all things, a man who gives....does this man not have the same qualities that our Savior has?

I see a time of year that we all stop and take the time to be with our family and friends. We want to spend time with those that are important to us. We come together and carry on traditions and make new traditions.... What could be more important to our Savior but to see the unity of families?

I see a time of year that most of us take the time to remember our neighbors and those who may be less fortunate than us. We want others to have what we have and give as best as we can. It also this time of year you see miracles and the true goodness of our fellow man....Don't you think the Savior feels these miracles?

I see the eye's of my four year old when she sees Santa and the quiet excitement of my twins and it warms my heart. It is such and innocent and pure love the kind of love that represents everything that our Savior is.

That is what I see at Christmas; I see love, family, tradition, joy, and giving. When I am up to my elbows in gift wrap, candy canes, baking goods, and crowded stores I will never forget the true meaning of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment