Sunday, December 19, 2010

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things!

Favorite religious Christmas song: Silent Night, song makes me tear up every time.

Favorite non-religious Christmas Song: Christmas Song sung by Nat King Cole....chestnuts roasting on an open fire...jack frost nipping at your nose.........

Least favorite Christmas song: Christmas shoes...Hate! Hate! That song, Christmas music should not be depressing and that song is well....depressing! I call it the Jesus shoes song and I change the radio station when it comes on.

Favorite holiday treat: Magic cookie bars...that yummy layer of graham crackers, butter, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and coconut all baked together into yummy yummness! Seriously I don't make them the rest of the year because it just would not be good for my health.

Least Favorite treat: I am sorry folks but fudge..just plain ol' chocolate fudge. I am my dad's daughter when it comes to fudge, I do not enjoy it at all. I would say any kind of divinity candy is a close second...blech, divinity!

Favorite holiday movie: This is hard My top three are Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and Elf. I watch these movies repeatedly through the holidays and never get tired of them.

Least Favorite Holiday movie: Okay so I feel like I can say this because I know a lot of people don't enjoy the Christmas Story as much as I do but I am not a huge fan of Its a Wonderful Life. I love Jimmy Stewart but I have seen the movie a couple times and I am fine with not seeing again. Its a personal thing, the show kinda annoys me. I want humor, and that show does not provide me with that comic relief.....

Favorite childhood present from Santa: Cabbage Patch doll. Edna Christabella was her name and she had red hair. I loved that doll! She went everywhere with me. She smelled like baby powder, and her hair was in pig tails, and I still have her in box packed away for safe keeping....like the movie Toy Story, she was my Woody doll.

Favorite Christmas story/book: The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. I love reading that book, I love Dr. Seuss. It would not be a Christmas without mention of the Grinch.

I also love eggnog, shopping for stockings, Temple Square Christmas lights, and I love Christmas Eve night, when the kids have gone to bed, there is a certain peace in the house, a peace that represents Christmas....the peace of Christmas, what a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment