Sunday, August 14, 2011

Taking Great Grandma To New Heights

Where does one take a great grandmother when she comes to visit...well of course the top of a mountain peak that is 11,000 feet in the air...DUH! Adrian's family is in town visiting from Washington DC and I think the best way to show Utah in all its glory is to go to the mountains. Snowbird ski resort offers a tram ride that drops you off on  a mountain peak that gives a 360 degree view of some of the most beautiful scenery around. Now I live in high altitude so I forget that if you come from somewhere that is sea level the altitude can be a bit of an adjustment.  This is common sense to most; however, I don't always have common sense ( I blame my children, they deplete my brain cells). Hmmmm...elderly person, bad heart, depleted oxygen............lets go vertical 11,000 feet, that is the answer! You have not meet Hope though...she is amazing; she was little winded walking up to the tram but she got on that tram and took the vertical ride with us and according to her it was GREAT!


Here is that amazing lady with her great grandkids. I never knew my great grandparents so how lucky are they that they have gotten to spend so much time with this lady. Makenzie was given Hope as her middle name and let me tell you she is a little "Hope" through and through.
Here is Cheyenne getting ready to go on our tram ride.....
This is Bob, Bob is Adrian's biological father and he and his wife Suzanne live in DC also. Suzanne was unable to make this trip and the kids were highly disappointed because according to the kids Suzanne is "FUN"...I guess that is their settle way of telling me I am not "FUN".

This is about as close as Makenzie would get to the edges...she enjoys heights about as much as me.
Look ...snow in them yonder hills..in late AUGUST!
Seriously it was 60 degrees up there...it felt like fall...aaaaahhh fall !
Smile!
Ain't we cute...
Our view coming back down the tram
Smile!...

Taking in that amazing view....

Note to self: Must ...Must ...Must .....go up this year to Oktoberfest at Snowbird take the tram and look at the amazing fall colors from this amazing 360 degree view of this amazing valley!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family and scenery. I'm glad you all got to spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But where is the picture of your feet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn I forgot the picture of the feet, I will include it in my next outing ;)...

    ReplyDelete