Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tindergarten, Birthday Take, and Hello Titty

As of tomorrow we no longer have a 4 year old in our house but a 5 year old living in our house. Our soon to be five year old has a slight speech impediment, she can not seem to say her K or C sound very well, it is replaced with a T sound. As you can imagine it can be entertaining especially since Hello Kitty is one of her favorite characters. When Makenzie discusses Hello Kitty it begins to sound like we are discussing the featured dancer at the local gentlemen's club.

Big changes for Makenzie....she starts Kindergarten this year or as she says, Tindergarten. We go for her assessment on Monday and she begins school on the 30th. She is beyond excited for this endeavor. I pray she is quiet long enough to actually learn something. I asked her if she was going to be able to tell the teachers all her ABC's and she matter of a factly said "NO" but she would show them that she can put her feet behind her ears. I just shook my head and told her that I don't think the teachers would be impressed but she said, "Oh, I think they will be impressed"!.............sigh..............

Another big change, she wanted her ears pierced for her birthday. I took her to the mall and she picked out her posts, she jumped up in the chair and the lady pierced the first ear...then big crocodile tears began to pour but she knew she was committed at this point and we had to finish the job. She cried a little more after the second ear was pierced then she brushed it off and began showing everyone her ....Hello "Titty" earrings....

We celebrated her birthday on Saturday. She got some new clothes for school and some Barbies, and Disney princess stuff.

 Birthday girl all in pink
 Makenzie, her cousin Kami, and her best friend Morgan
She shocked me this year by choosing vanilla instead of chocolate cake this year 
 Cousins Madi and Kami
 Morgan posing for me. Morgan can rival Makenzie when it comes to talking and that is very hard to do!
 Opening presents
Birthday "Take" 
 Cinderella
 More Cinderella
Smile birthday girl!

Ohhhh Makenzie.... she is a unique little soul; so different from the twins. She craves attention and the limelight. She manages to get free stuff no matter where we go because according to others she is so "Darn Cute"! It is a big year for her and I am excited to see her grow and change. Happy Birthday Makenzie, you will always be my baby girl!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just love that little Kenzie. It was fun to see her today and to see her hello kitty earrings. Oh, how it would be to have a girl in the house. I'm glad she had a good birthday and that she is so excited to start her dance class. I guess I should have asked about school, oops. I also love those big sisters of hers and their disinterested look in the background. Such a typical older sibling thing to do. I'm glad that the first part of school is going good for them.

    Thank you again for driving me around today. I really appreciated it. Thank you for braving that parking lot as well :)

    ReplyDelete