Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Full circle





So here I am 1993 getting ready to graduate high school with no idea what I was going to do with my life or where I was going, I was just happy that I was done with school. The thought of never having to write another paper or see another algebraic word problem gave me a feeling of serenity and bliss. Yes, I will admit I had no desire at that time to move on to college and join a sorority. I was ready to tackle the world and see what it spit back at me. Some would call it naive or youthful ignorance but it was the direction I chose to take.


Fast forward to seventeen years later; life gave me marriage, death; birth, sorrow; laughter,and increased spirituality but there was something still missing. I am not sure if it was the stress and pessimism of our economic times. It could have been the question of whether or not I could be a perpetual housewife.The decision was made between me and my spouse, I decided it was time to go to college. I am now writing papers and doing algebraic word problems but this time there is no impending dread coming over me.

I am not sure why I decided to make this my first post or why I am even why I am writing a blog but I feel as though this time in my life is a transition period. It is a new road with an ending that is going to take me somewhere I have not been yet. I hope my children see the effort and the importance I am putting in my education because they were a huge factor in this desicion.

So there I am 17 years ago with a whole new world ahead of me....I guess life has come full circle because once again ahead of me is new world waiting for me to tackle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment