Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Result of MY Choices and Actions!

I was married at 18 years old; CRAZY, I know! My husband was a return missionary for the LDS church. We meet; fell in love quickly and wanted to get married. His family wanted us to get married in the LDS temple but I was not mentally ready at the time for this so we choose to get married at the local church instead. I could see the disappointment and the worry in his parents eyes. I knew that they were unsure of this stranger that had swooped into their son's life and had forever changed it. I was young and head strong and knew without a shadow of doubt that this was the person I was meant to be with. Despite the disapproving glances and the unsureness of the future with my new extended family I knew I was marrying the man who I was meant to spend my life with.
We lived in Utah for about a year and soon because of a job change we had an opportunity to move to the east coast. During that year of living here I never took the time to get to know Adrian's (my husband) parents! I was fearful of what they thought of me and I was young and immature and didn't know how to approach them. We soon packed up our U-Haul and headed out to make a life for ourselves. We had been married for about 6 years when I found out I was pregnant with my twins. Adrian's grandfather offered to help moves us back to Utah so we could be closer to the family. There was no question or second thought, we were going home!
We came back to Utah with two babies and years of independence. It was time to face what I had been so scared of, starting a relationship with my in-laws. They were strangers to me and I was a stranger to them. The miles and distance between us gave us an excuse to try not understand one another and not get to know one another. There was a force that was different this time, it was my first born babies and their first born grandchildren that were making us become a family and no longer strangers.
It was a bumpy road to begin with. It was hard to navigate but as the days went on the path became easier. The bumps in the road began to smooth out and our uneasiness with one another seem to slowly fade away.
I found in this journey that I have amazing in-laws. My father in-law is an amazing man with such a compassionate heart. His belief in his faith is undeniable and strong. His love for his children and concern for their well being can not be expressed in to words. He is truly a pure spirit that I am glad to call my father-in-law. My mother-in-law has the same strong faith that her husband carries. I can truly call her a friend and my mother. She is strong in her convictions and will stand by what she feels and I admire her for that. She loves her faith and she loves her children. She has been an amazing grandmother to my children and I love her!
We do what all families do, we fight; disagree, we say things in the heat of anger; make mistakes, but we also; forgive, love; laugh, cry; at the end of the day we call our self family.
Why am I am posting this blog? I have had made some wrong choices in my time; I have not always acted with the best intent in heart but I have always accepted these wrong choices and actions. I make mistakes and I own them. I have made mistakes with my in-laws but one thing that I know at the end of the day is my true love for them. There is no manipulating or other motives. It is a pure love that I will take with me eternally. I sit here at 34 years old and I am surrounded by a husband who loved me from the moment he meet me; three beautiful girls who I love with every cell of my body. I have an incredible relationship with my family in Idaho; my mother, sister, father. I have the love and support of my in-laws and incredible friendships with my sister in laws. My choices and actions have led me to this place, a place of love and family; I will never be alone! I will never feel like lost soul or maybe as some would say an orphan!

1 comment:

  1. ♥♥♥♥I'm also glad you and Adrian met and fell in love!!♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete