Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Future Hairdresser?...Maybe, for Rednecks!



What is that you ask! Is that the family pet? Is that hair?Let me give some background leading up to this unknown mass in the picture. I am the mom of 10 year old twin year girls. The journey with them has been an adventure. I was reminded of one these adventures when I took my three year old for her first haircut the other day. There was a mom in the seat next to ours in distress because her child's hair was no longer the perfect image it once was . This women's child had decided to cut her own hair. She had random pieces chopped throughout her long blonde hair and now the only way to rescue it was to cut in to a short bob. The little girl was all smiles as she received her sucker at the end of her haircut and the mother left with a look of defeat on her face.


This is where the above picture came into my memory. I had just come home for a neighbors scrapbooking party and the twins were about four years old. I walked in the back door and on our kitchen table there was a pile of hair. Not a little bit of hair but a lot of hair! Proof in the picture above. I picked up the hair and knew immediately this came from one of my twins head. My husband meet me with a smile and said, I just put Cheyenne to bed but I think you want to go in and see what she has done to herself. With much hesitation and fear I opened the door and my four year old was now sporting a bad ass mullet. Full on business in the front party in the back, MULLET!


As a mother do you cry or do you laugh when you see this. I did a little of both. Look at that smile on her face in the picture, she was so proud of herself. My next thought was, what about the other twin? Did she cut her hair also? No, Kaitlynn's (the other twin) response to Cheyenne's new haircut was, "You Look Stupid!"


So the next day I was at the hairdresser with distress in my eyes and a look of defeat on my face. Cheyenne was all smiles when she received her sucker at the end of her haircut. At the time I had a funny story to tell and now I have a memory that will live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment