Wednesday, October 20, 2010

First wifes opinion

http://www.jillcanblog.com/?p=530

click on the link above and read the story first


I had to laugh out loud when I read the blog that I have linked too because first of all I watch this show faithfully and these are my words pretty much verbatim about the show and just like this women I can't stop watching it. He does have a sports car, and mid-life crisis hair, and has taken on a much prettier younger wife, and I watch in amazement as the other wives sit by and let all this go down. I mentioned in an earlier post I am taking a college English course that is requiring us to do a dangerous debate and because of this show and fascination of the subject and "maybe" on a dare, a fellow student who is also a fan is going to debate the legalization of polygamy. First of all under the guidelines that 12 year olds are not getting married to a 54 year old and they are self supporting and not living off the system. I also want to clarify this person does not want to be a polygamist she is just stating that if this is how these people choose to live then so be it, they are consenting adults and who are we to say no. She made a list of benefits of having several wives around the house to help with all those jobs that come with running a household and it was all done in good humor. Really, could you imagine living in a house with 4 other wives having PMS at the same time as you...I shudder just thinking about it.


When they advertised this show I cringed because I thought, here we go again people are going to think, "Utah, they all are polygamists, I knew it!" Yet, here I am, watching it just like the rest of the country and I am just as fascinated as they are because... FYI.... we all are not polygamist in Utah and most of us don't know any polygamists personally.


So I am contemplating writing my next paper which is a research paper on the repercussions of reality T.V. because lets face it I seem to like reality T.V. and have been known to watch one or two of them in my time. I want to state right now that I do not watch Jersey Shore but I do know who the cast is and the sheer orange glow of "Snookie" and douche bag mentality of "The Situation" makes me urp in my mouth a little.


Do I loss a brain cell or two watching reality T.V?.......probably.....Is it an hour of my life that I won't get back?....probably....Am I contributing to the down fall of our society?...probably ......Do I really care?....probably NOT!


1 comment:

  1. Right now my kids are making me insane and I would LOOOOOVE to hand them over to Betty Sue, Bella Jane or Michele ;) and run away.

    ReplyDelete