Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Letter To You

"As we live on earth we must walk in faith, nothing doubting. When the journey
becomes seemingly unbearable, we can take comfort in the words of the Lord:
"I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee." Some
of the healing may take place in another world. We may never know why some
things happen in this life. The reason for some of our suffering is known only to
the lord."~ James E. Faust




This mortal life that we are traveling through is a journey that is filled with love, sorrow, knowledge, pain, and hope and somehow through all these things we hang on to this thing called faith. A belief and trust in an idea and a person that can't be scientifically, logically, or tangibly proven yet it is as much part of us as our physical bodies. Once we begin to doubt faith, anxiety, and fear begins to over take our life. Faith is more than just believing, you have to live it and let it guide you through your highest points and let it over take you at your lowest points. We wake up everyday to the unknown and without faith to lead us we would be lost.

What a wonderful instinct we have been given, a gift that helps us to be steady and strong when logically we should be crumbling and giving up. I have faith that my love for my spouse will never waiver, I have faith my children will have amazing journey's of their own, I have faith that I will never abandon my spiritual belief, I have faith that my education will give me unlimited opportunities.

It is this time of year that we take the time to express what we are grateful for; it is this time of year that we feel financial stresses and burdens; it is this time of year we have to deal with a labyrinth of family complexities. It is also this time of year that we begin to look at a new year approaching and somehow instinctively we look forward to our unknown journey because we have this thing called..... faith.


Sincerely, Michele

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Michele you are an amazing writer. I love this letter and who you were thinking of when you wrote it. Thank you for continuing to be such an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete