Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Gift Of Time

365 days gone in a blink of an eye! Was 2010 a stellar year.....no...was it a horrible year...no...in 365 days I felt heartbreak, stress, sorrow,anger, excitement, love, adventure, peace, and fulfillment .....all in a blink of an eye.


So how does one start a new year; with resolutions, goals, and a positive attitude, but for some reason we all seem to forget these new resolutions by mid January and begin grumbling about mounting stresses, and soon we are longing for a new year to begin.


I am guilty of this. I remember saying to myself at the beginning of 2010, "This is going to be a great year"! By mid February I was praying for the year to be over. We have such a short time here on this earth why would I want time to go faster? My own selfish reasons....I don't want to deal with what life is giving me, I am tried, I am stressed, I am hurt. It is human nature to do these things, to focus on the negatives and long for only the positive memories that we seem to conjure up in our head.


Here it is January 1, 2011 and I am contemplating on my past year and thinking about the year to come. So here is my new years resolution for 2011......Don't use the excuse that time will change things....I change things not time....it is not time that will heal old wounds, or if I am given more time I will succeed at my goal, or just give me more time and all will be a success. I heal old wounds, not time, I am the one in charge of my own success not time, it is me doing that, not time. I am given a set 365 days in a year...24 hours in a day ...it is up to me to do what I want with that time. I have been given a fresh gift, a gift of 365 days, the gift of time, now it is up to me to decide how I am going to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment