Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Perfect Birthday Get A Way

Back in early summer we decided we wanted to go camping sometime this summer. Before children, Adrian and I used to throw a tent and some sleeping bags in the car and head out, and then children came, and it began to feel like you had to pack the house and then move that house into a tent. I came to a point where I said, either we need a small trailer or we are going camping somewhere where we can get a cabin because I am not moving into a tent anymore. We have not been camping since Makenzie came along...that was 5 years ago so we were well overdue for some campfires, roasted marshmallows, and the great outdoors.....in a cabin!
My good friend Rachelle has talked about Moon Lake for awhile, it is a tradition in her family. So I figured why not try it out, and they have CABINS! I set up the reservations earlier this summer and paid for our camping excursion. We decided to go the weekend of the twins birthday...they were thrilled!
The cabin's are very basic...they have the essentials and because I have children and I have to pack my house when I go camping it had all the room I needed to move into it comfortably. We had enough beds for everyone, a kitchen, and a bathroom...perfect! This was our amazing view and I will say it was perfect because the basketball court, volleyball court, and horseshoe pit were right off our porch and I could easily keep an eye on the kids and they had somewhere to play.
Our cute perfect little CABIN!
She is so darn CUTE!
Our first night we decided to roast hot dogs over the fire. For some reason hot dogs taste pretty darn good roasted over the fire?!
Our friends came up with their trailer and stayed in the campground. They have a little girl that is Makenzie's age and Makenzie was thrilled that she had someone to play with. You could see the lake from our cabin but not the beach part..we all figured it was going to be a rocky shallow edge on the lake that kids could climb on some rocks and throw some rocks in the lake so we headed down the trail to the lake....
When we got their we all were surprised...it was huge! If you didn't have the mountains around you it looked like some of the beaches you get on the Oregon coast...soft sand, sand dunes. The water is freezing and not for swimming but the kids had fun wading in it with their feet and playing in the soft sand.
See....Makenzie thrilled that she had a friend to play with!
Ten times better than any of the beaches at Bear Lake or Mirror Lake
See..even drift wood like the Oregon Coast!
Me and Baby Girl
My birthday girls..12 years old.....I can't believe it either! We did Hostess cupcakes with a candle and sang Happy Birthday ( I will do a proper cake for them this week). I love these girls with every inch of my body and they are changing into amazing young women...Holy Cow! I have girls in Young Women's now......time goes by to fast!
I snuck in a few minutes with just me and the birthday girls on the beach..Kaitlynn took this picture of me hugging Cheyenne...I love this picture...my preemie babies are taller than me now...."sigh"
Playing in the sand at dusk on the beach
roasting some marshmallows.....
Last night by the campfire......
and this...this what your children become when you feed them ice cream, Hostess cupcakes, and large marshmallows...the wild, giggle creature in them comes out...........

The view leaving Moon Lake. It was a great weekend get-a-way...we needed this, we really needed this weekend away! We laughed and talked and just spent time as a family.....I love this family!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you got to go and get away for a few days. You all needed to have some fun, relax and dig your toes into the sand (I hope you made some sand castles too...that is one of the funnest things we do). Tell the girls to have fun in Young Women's!!!

    ReplyDelete