Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What A Lucky Girl I Am!

Oy Vey! That is what I would say if I was Jewish but I am Mormon so what would an appropriate Mormon say, "Well, Heck!"....yup that describes my last two weeks in a nut shell...."Heck"...lets call it what it is, "Hell"!!! So I briefly stated in my last post that Adrian is in the unemployment line again so lets back up and look at my life over the last couple weeks.

August 24: I had just cleared out my kitchen for the beginning of our kitchen remodel. This was going to be done about four years ago but we went through unemployment and the money that was set aside for that was used to live on. Anyways, we had bought the tile back in May and because Adrian had never laid tile and we wanted it done right we had to find someone that could do it on a budget...someone who knew what they were doing but not expecting a fortune but some extra cash in their pocket. My brother-in-law Shane came to my rescue ( Thank you Shane for offering your help, you have no idea how much I appreciate your offer). I had just finished cleaning out the fridge so we could move it out of the kitchen and then Adrian calls and says, "I have been in an accident"..........

August 25: Adrian drives truck and an "accident" is not a word you want to to hear.. you imagine the worst...you picture in your head the above picture....but....he was not cited....no damage to his truck..minimal damage to the other car. The other car clipped his back rear trailer in a construction area but because the car had the right away "technically", Adrian's company would have to pay for any damage. The highway patrol was certain the other driver was going to fast in a construction area, and tried to cut Adrian off and ended up clipping his car....Adrian was still responsible. We had to hold off on the remodeling because eventhough we were certain Adrian's company would be fine with the accident because no ticket was given.....you just never know....I personally did not get out of my P.J.'s that day and I cried and cried because I am tired of life kicking me in the butt.....

August 26: Nothing said at work, they acted like it was no big deal and continued giving him work. I showered and got dressed and put a smile on my face eventhough I was a mushy mess of emotions on the inside.

August 27: Hey...Adrian can you work for us Saturday?...Adrian worked Saturday from 7am till 5pm that day...nothing said...the comment made "Accidents happen, you were not cited and sounds like you could have done nothing to prevent it".....I went with Adrian that day, I needed to spend some time with Adrian and let him know that I will support him and we will make it through whatever the outcome will be.

August 29: Monday comes and they give him his work for the day...still nothing said...Adrian gets back from his run to Vernal, they bring him in the office.. the boss says, "I have not gotten the police report, but we are going to go ahead and let you go because of the accident"............the accident that wasn't his fault? The accident that the highway patrol said that Adrian could have done nothing to prevent? That accident...Are freaking kidding me?.....What about the guy that ran over a parked car? Or the guy that dropped a trailer in the middle of the road?...oh wait, that guy goes and hangs with guys after work at the bars?.....Honestly, the new manager had hired to many drivers and Adrian was the easiest to let go.........I changed back into my P.J.'s and crawled back in bed and cried because I am tired of life kicking my butt....so I cried some more.

August 30: Adrian files unemployment, and I get showered and cleaned up, put a smile on my face but I am still a mushy emotional mess on the inside.

August 30: We finally move stuff back into the kitchen and start making adjustments and dealing with life...I am still a mushy emotional mess.

August 31: Adrian has a job offer...

September 1: Adrian goes for prescreening drug test for the job and we stop by his dad's work to tell him the good news and then we find out Adrian's uncle is in the hospital and in critical condition...blood clot in the leg...his uncle passes away hours later.......the job....it was very long hours, for very little pay, and always on the road.....a mutual decision to turn down the job offer.....A very sudden death, and still no job.

Today: We went to Larry's  funeral today. What a kind, generous, sweet man....prayers for his wife, children, grandchildren, siblings, and extended family....Heaven truly received a special spirit when he arrived.



I was a mushy mess of emotions today and not because of unemployment or unremodeled kitchens but because today the really important stuff......that which is right in front of me mattered! I can give them a hug, hold their hands ..tell them I love them.....they are the things that truly matter today...they are all that matters today, tomorrow and for eternity.....What a truly blessed girl I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment