Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"ANTONIO!"..."Bring me another Bon, Bon please!"

I feel the need to use my blog this evening as a platform, because it is my blog and I can do that! ...I am using it as a platform for sharing my families flaw....a flaw that infuriates me...a flaw that I know other mother's share.....a flaw that brings me to the point of meltdown....

My four year old thinks this cleans the house.....

My twelve year olds think she lives in our house.....

and my husband wishes this cleaned our house.............



 Well guess what!...None of those people clean the house.....it is this person who cleans the house

 Yup...I don't have wings, I don't wear a uniform and go by the name of Alice, and last time I checked I don't have a french maid costume hanging in my closet....

Okay, Okay I take some blame for this. I have been a stay at home mom for awhile now and as a stay at home mom I feel it is my job to keep the house in working order. It is a pet peeve of mine when wives choose to stay home and somehow expect their husbands to do the bulk of the housework....is not my job as a housewife to take on the household chores? Now, with that being said if both partners are working then chores and housework need to be divided up equally. I have enabled my children and husband at this point though...I have taken the chores for so long that it has become expected that I do them 100% of the time. If I want help it is never volunteered..it is either done by me asking or nagging to get it done. I have created a monster is our house...the laziness monster!

Socks and dirty dishes are never put in the sink or laundry hamper. Toys and shoes are left strewn around the house. Dishwasher needing unloading is left loaded, bathroom sinks and mirrors are left with splattered toothpaste, and the kitchen garbage is spilling over... yet I look around and I see all these things left for me to do and everyone else is watching T.V., playing on the computer, and reading a book, and suddenly I feel my insides bubbling up, I feel my eye start twitching, I feel my mouth start quivering...and the next thing you know...

the "DEVIL'S" mother comes out....and then my family just stares at me with those blank stares...that stare that tells me that they think I have lost it or just have a serious case of PMS...they get up and pick things up and go back to what they are doing and the next day they forget about my rant and tirade about how they need to chip in with household chores.

I will be going back to work in the next few years.....so I have a couple of options...

(A)....I stop enabling my family and I start expecting more of them...I need to be tough, consistent, and expect that they help!

or....

(B)....I hire me one of these...


....I think I will name him...."ANTONIO"!........

No comments:

Post a Comment