Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I love you more!

Me and my husband have always said the saying, "I love you more." when responding to the other saying, "I love you". I am not sure where it started but it has always been included in our phone calls or expressions of love written in cards. We did not know it but when Adrian's grandparents had passed away they had also said the same thing to one another. It was an expression they had used over many years of marriage so now it is something even more special to us. My three year old has also caught on to us using this with one another so she will use this expression and tell me she loves me more. I love when my children say, I love you. There is nothing more pure then a child's expression of how they feel. Everyone needs to feel love like that in their lives; pure, unconditional love.
Our discussion in church this last Sunday was the topic of family and love. Such strong emotions were present in the room as people discussed their loved ones and how they showed their love for these important people in their lives. Stories were shared about how their families never expressed their love with words but they are now trying to change that and make sure they are expressing how they feel to their families. Tears were shed by some when they could relate to some of the pain and hurt that comes along with the lack of being told that they are loved. I kept thinking of a song and I can not think of the title but I do remember the chorus it went like this:
Has anybody told you they love you today?
Has anybody told you they love you today?
Put me on the list. Let me be first
God loves you and I do too...we love you today!
I try to make a mental list to say I love you to my family everyday and as far as I know I never let a day go by without saying it several times a day. I suppose in a way love gives us hope, faith,peace and ultimately everything; that is why love is such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment