Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Holy Revelation From The Food Gods!

You know when you have an idea that is so right, so epic, so awesome.. well,I had this experience at Wal-mart last Saturday.... Yup, I said Wal-mart. So I have growing children in my house who eat non-stop and I am stressed so I relieve my stress through the consumption of baked goods....( yes, back on a diet in the very near future!) Instead of buying cookies I can save money and make my own because I double the recipes and it is enough to last us the week and they are much yummier anyways.

So I had not made chocolate chip cookies for awhile and those seem to be everyones favorite so I set off to get the ingredients I needed. I include instant pudding into my cookies, it keeps them soft and fluffy and that is the perfect cookie for me. I pick up the vanilla instant pudding and out of the corner of my eye I see Oreo instant pudding. It was like heaven shined a light on this box and I received a holy revelation. Use Oreo pudding this time and then my mind started turning...buy Hershey cookies and cream candy bars and break them into pieces and put them in the cookies and add some white and milk chocolate chips to fill in the spaces. I was right...it was epic....it was awesome.......they are delish! It is like cookies and cream ice cream in cookie form.

The recipe itself is nothing new and you can add any pudding you like...I am sure someone else has thought of this concoction so if they have they also had a revelation from heaven because these cookies are yummy!


1 cup butter, room temp

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 c sugar

1 small package instant pudding of your choice (I usually use vanilla but may I recommend Oreo this time :) )

2 1/4 cups flour

1 tsp baking soda

2 eggs

1tsp vanilla

1 bag of chocolate chips of your choice (If doing the Oreo add the Hershey cookies and cream candy bars..it was what put them over the top of yumminess).


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Combine flour and soda and set aside. Cream butter and sugars together. Beat in the pudding powder, mix until blended then add eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture till well combined. Add chocolate chips. Bake for 8-10 depending on the size of your cookies.


I usually double the recipe because I make big cookies and usually after the first dozen comes out of the oven our family usually eats them within 10 minutes so I consider the first dozen a wash anyways. Enjoy.......................

5 comments:

  1. Thank You, Thank You for sharing! I can't wait to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on it! Thanks for sharing. Mom told me about the epic cookies (Adrian bragged you up!). Can't wait to dazzle the workplace with these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound really, really good. I hope we have some pudding in the cupboard, must try immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone at work thanks you from the bottom of their stomachs! These rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Becky~ You are welcome...nom nom :)!!!!

    ReplyDelete