Sunday, April 10, 2011

What's Your Theme Song?



As I left my admission counselor at the university yesterday with a list of things I need to make sure I accomplish and maintain for acceptance into nursing school I felt mounting pressure on my shoulders....a mounting urgency....I heard this song in my head...."Under Pressure" by Queen featuring David Bowie

Have you ever heard that question, what is your theme song? Well I know my theme song is not "Walking on Sunshine" (Katrina and the Waves) or "Taking it Easy" (The Eagles). I know it is not "Living La Vida Loca" (Ricky Martin) or "I Can See Clearly Now"(Johnny Nash).

Nope...I didn't hear any of those songs when I left that appointment, I heard faint sounds of Dr. Demento's, "There coming to take me away" and Ozzy Osbournes "Crazy Train" but Queens..."Under Pressure...pressing down on me, pressing down you...lalalalalalalalalalala....was right up front.

I seriously need to find a new theme song........sigh..............

2 comments:

  1. Michele, you are going to make it just fine and it is okay that your theme song is "Under Pressure" right now. At least you have had the pleasure of already "living La Vida Loca" and "Taking it Easy" and you will have other theme songs as your life changes. You may even get to repeat some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I predict that soon you will have the wonderful theme of "Dog Days Are Over" (Florence and the Machine) until then.. cheers!

    ReplyDelete