Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What You Been Up To?

Went to Idaho for Easter and took my camera and didn't take one picture so here is my last week in a nutshell.






Thursday was the kids day...Saw Rio...adorable movie! Went to Kohls and the kids got some new summer/ spring clothes, thanks to grandma. Then some dinner at Red Robin.







Friday I got to visit with a childhood friend, Ruth. We were inseparable all through elementary but grew apart as we got older...so wonderful to see her. Went for pedicures with my moms good friend, Sherry. I picked the second color on the left...it is part of the Katy Perry collection and it is called, "The One Who Got Away". Then lunch with my Aunt Jackie and Cousin Brenda, wonderful to see them







We then got some yummy dinner at cheesecake factory with some cheesecake of course...Chocolate Coconut cheesecake...yum!







Saturday morning we spent at the farmers market. I love farmers markets..the food....the food...the food....so fresh, so good.









Saw Lincoln Lawyer with Matthew McConaug "Hey" "Hey"......good movie....

P.S. We got mom to go with us...the late movie...she can stay up past 10:30 ...who knew!









Easter I spent with my dad in the morning and he had an amazing Easter egg hunt and brunch, and then dinner at moms with my niece Gabby..............




P.S. Kenzie sneaked and found her Easter stuff a few days before...that kid is going to be the death of me, to busy for her own good.








Drove home Monday...walked in the door and had to go to Calculus...pthffftttttttt....yuck!


P.S. Seriously worried about my final.....why is math so hard for me?








See this cake above...I made this cake today for my humanities class. We had to bring something homemade for our last class and because I lack crafty skills I volunteered to bake something homemade..I can't craft but I can cook and this is the cake I chose.



P.S. This cake is found on Bakerella's website .....her recipes are divine..try her cake balls!









It is a 14 layer cake all made from scratch. All layers individually baked, then you begin to layer the cakes with a chocolate icing that drips and oozes and as you stack it, it begins to resemble pancakes with syrup oozing down the sides. Then I frosted it with a homemade chocolate buttercream. It was a hit in class.....I got a couple of marriage proposals and a lot of people wanting me to bring this cake to them on their birthday. It is decadent and delish and beautiful.








That is my week in a nutshell, now on to two more finals and then summer classes start immediately......




P.S. ......why I am taking summer classes again? Oh that's right......I am glutton for punishment!














5 comments:

  1. I want one of those for my b-day! Amazing looking cake. Your picture diary of your weekend was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I wrote this post last night and didn't realize I posted it, thought I just saved it to come back to edit it later ...oh well :)......the cake is wonderful, soooo much butter involved :). My kids hav already requested it for their b-day, the youngest asked for it in rainbow colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bless you for sharing your secret recipe website...I will start baking immediately! btw..I've always meant to tell you how much I love reading your blog. You are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake turned out perfect! Kelton is still mad that I took more pictures of the cake than him on his birthday, but hey, that was a lot of work. I'm glad that you had fun in Idaho and that I'm not the only mom who forgets her camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Becky~thanks for the compliment @Rachelle~ I didn't take a pic of course I got that one off bakerella site but mine looked just like it :)... I made the class admire it first cuz it is so much darn work :)!

    ReplyDelete