Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Deadly Sins and Biblical Plagues

All around the country around this time of year something begins to happen in all households that have school age children in their home. Sins and plagues infest these households!






Gluttony, Sloth, Wrath...3 of the deadly mortal sins are present in our home. They lay around till instructions are given to do something. They would prefer to play computer/Wii/PSP and watch satellite T.V. until their bodies morph into part of the couch. They hesitate and grumble when chores are allotted and they slink around and begrudgingly get their work done.....




The bickering is still at a minimal level but as the hot days begin to be more numerous and they are forced to be inside because of the heat, the wrath of boredom and proximity will rear its ugly head. It always begins as innocent poking and wrestling and soon it becomes a WWE main show. Someone will end up crying, everyone will get sent to their room, and I will call my husband complaining about "HIS" incorrigible children.




They are home and because they are home they feel that it is okay to feast on the bounties that are presented on the alter I call my refrigerator . It is not okay to wipe out a box of Cheez-its and a bag of grapes and a gallon of lemonade in a single setting. I know I offer a lot of healthy choices but they are no longer healthy when ingested all at once.






Last but not least these children bring other children with them in the summer, I have nicknamed them "Locusts". They come into my home and leave destruction in their wake. They participate in the deadly sins and encourage sloth and gluttony. They come and go from house to house depending on who has the best snacks and electronic entertainment and leave baron cupboards and drained psp batteries in their wake.




Deadly sins and biblical plagues have seeped into my home, please say a blessing for our family and I will say one for you in return....may we all survive this summer!











2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!! We have been lucky here, but I only have one home for the summer so far. I won't have both kids home until July 1st. But, then they are home f o r e v e r.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good writing talent, Michele. nice article, Although I encourage my kids friends in our home, that way I know what their doing.

    ReplyDelete