Monday, July 25, 2011

Sometimes We All Need A Little Time Away!

July 24th in Utah is Pioneer Day, it is basically a day to say the settling pioneers were "Awesome"! It is also a state holiday so that means a  day off of work for most so when we heard for sure that Adrian had a 3 day weekend we decided to celebrate pioneer day 2011 style......
.....in a condo resort by a lake....well...not exactly pioneer style... but my kind of pioneer style......pools, hot tubs, A/C...... and a million dollar view of the lake.......



This beautiful view and condo are in Huntsville Utah. It sits below Snowbasin ski resort and is only about an hour and fifteen minutes from where we live and is one my favorite places in Utah.
The condo was fully loaded with all the bells and whistles including a hot tub on the deck...

And a community pool.... that we learned is always empty in the evening and the perfect time to go.....
The first day we were there we headed over to the monastery because we heard they sell over 14 varieties of honey that they harvest themselves but I guess it is not in season yet so we settled for some preserves instead. Visitors can stay and listen to their chants that they do seven times a day. They are self sustaining and the land that the monastery sits on is beautiful.
The second day we were there our friends/neighbors came up to visit for the day. We headed to the lake and rented a wave runner. The wave runner ended up dying out on the second run and dumped Adrian and Kaity and our neighbor in the lake...stranding them until they could flag someone to bring them back in. I think Kaity has been officially traumatized and we will see if we can ever get her on another watercraft in the near future.


It was a mini vacation....and wonderful! Most of the time was spent in the water and just being together as a family. The kids had a blast and did not want to come home. We stayed at these condos about 4 years ago and we will try to make this trip a yearly tradition, it is close to home but feels like you are a million miles away from the day to day grind.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to get away and have fun! We are looking for a new tradition for our family, we may have to tag along and invade on your tradition, Maybe? If we promise to be good and use all our manners?

    I'm also happy that you could enjoy a condo, hot tub, lake, and showing us your perfect pedicure all while I was being sliced, diced and filetted. I should make you be the one who has to take me when I go get everything pulled :) I actually wouldn't do that to you unless you were the only one I could find to drive me.

    I really am happy that you have gotten to get away and have some down time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all if anyone needs some time away it is you :). Don't you love the text I accidently sent you bright and early Sunday morning of my beautiful view...as you lay there recovering in pain...WOW, that was an awesome mistake ....NOT!!!! I will drive you if you need a ride, I am a future nurse I am fascinated by those things :). If we do this next year we will reserve a day for your family to come up...we just wont do the stranding in the lake again.

    ReplyDelete