Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Whew!..we survived another 4th of July!

There it is...the end of a whirlwind month! This is the leftovers of our final firework of our firework show. Utah legalized the normally illegal fireworks this year. I am still trying to figure out how a bottle rocket is still illegal yet this monstrosity of flames is legal. I cannot begin to describe the giddiness that my husband expressed for this particular firework, his giddiness that he could freely set off his normally illegal fireworks, his giddiness for all the fireworks that shoot up in the air and make a big bang, his giddiness that he did not have to sit through the normal store bought boring fountains that all look the same after awhile...yes folks he was just plain ol' giddy this 4th of July.

So let me back up a little. I have been so busy since about the middle of May, life needs to slow down a little so I can catch my breath. I have seen my niece graduate college, spent a week house hunting/ property searching for my mom (which has been put on hold for a couple years), road trip with my sister-in-law Rachel, fathers day, birthdays, bbq's, various obligations and activities, and somehow in the middle of all that...school.

My last post I expressed my love for the apps on the smart phones. I expressed my "wanting" an iphone and sure enough I have a hubby who spoils me so I am now the proud owner of a ........
broken iphone.....
I was putting a bowl away in the cupboard and the bowl slipped out of my hands, hit me in the mouth and bounced off my mouth and landed on my new phone.....thank god for phone insurance! I now have a broken phone and a bruised lip!

4th of July weekend! Normally my sister is here for the 4th but things did not work out this year but my mom and my Aunt Jackie came down. They came down Thursday and we went and had a great dinner at a local restaurant, Sostanzas. Friday we headed down to Thanksgiving Point. It has everything from a dinosaur museum, theaters, shopping, working farm, dining and a large garden.We went to the gardens area and hung out in the children's garden and had some lunch. It is gorgeous! ....and even better, you can get a golf cart to ride around the gardens.

Saturday I had other things I needed to get done so we meet with them later in the day and headed to Ruth's Diner. It is in emigration canyon and has a great outdoor dining area tucked up against the mountain side and has live music in the evenings. Sunday we changed our plans around because of the weather and headed down to Gateway mall and went and saw Mr. Poppers Penguins and did some shopping.

Monday we did the parade and went to the park to enjoy the activities. Adrian smoked a beef brisket that was amazing! It melted in your mouth..sooo good!

Then the lighting of the fireworks commenced! Our street looked like a war zone, fireworks shooting off left and right up and down the road. The positive side to the aerial fireworks being legal now is everyone on the road can enjoy your fireworks. Then of course the city fireworks display which can be seen from our front yard...AWESOME!

Fun, fun weekend. Love sharing this town and 4th with my family. So glad my mom and aunt got to come down and spend time with us. Here is a few pictures from the day...............

mm

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures and am glad that your mom and aunt Jackie could come down and visit. I wish I could have come out and said hi. Kenny also loved the picture of the car that Adrian sent Kenny. I'm glad you all had a good 4th.

    ReplyDelete