Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A perfect kick off to the holidays!

I am taking a breather from studying for finals and the above statement is very close to the amount of attention I have given my professors this semester. I think it is a combination of non stop classes for the last two years,  my uncertainty of my last two years of hard work becoming pointless if I don't get accepted into the nursing program, and stresses at home. Needless to say I am ready for winter break...let me say that again...I AM READY FOR WINTER BREAK!

Anyways, I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving! I got to spend mine with my mom and my niece Gabby. They flew in Tuesday and flew out the following Tuesday. We spent Thanksgiving at my in-laws and had a yummy dinner. Friday we spent the day decorating for Christmas. My mom stepped in and did what she does best, decorate...she did a beautiful job with my fireplace mantle. Here is some pictures of the upstairs decorations...the downstairs is a work in progress still and hopefully will be done before December 25th.

I love suns and you can spy a few suns on my tree.
I have a side table in my kitchen and this what we came up with.
My tree... decorations in red, white, and silver.
A table in my living room, my mom decorated this table.
My fireplace mantle turned out beautiful..my mom took over this project while I did the tree. It has lots of details to it you can't see in the picture...BEAUTIFUL!

All lit up at night
I love lots of lights on my tree.

Saturday we took the family in and saw the Muppet movie and got some dinner at Red Robin. I guess with age you get more sentimental about things of the past. I loved the Muppet's as a kid....LOVED the Muppet's. The movie is well done and very reminiscent of the original Muppet movie. At one point in the movie Kermit sings rainbow connection...


...yup...I teared up...I know my kids won't fall in love with the Muppet's as much as I did as a kid but I am glad I got to share a little bit of my childhood with them.

I needed this  weekend..to take a deep breath...to laugh..to be with family.....

It was the perfect kick off to truly one of my favorite times of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment