Saturday, December 3, 2011

"Pet Roulette"

I grew up with pets...lots of pets. We always had multiple dogs or various other animals....

We had a house dog that was subjected to being dressed up in clothes and stuffed in bicycle baskets and paraded around the neighborhood. We had hunting dogs that stayed in a outside kennel but occasionally found their way inside and were fed chocolate chip cookies. We had a parakeet that knew how to open its own cage and was always found perched somewhere in the house. Guinea pigs, lizards, and birds with broken wings seem to find there way to our home. The only thing we did not have was a cat because of allergies that my father and I share of the feline persuasion.

Adrian and I have had a couple birds, lots of fish, a mean hamster....and some dogs...we have had the worst luck with dogs....Seriously, don't get me started on our luck with dogs.

Anyways...my kids...they have been bugging me for a pet, I guess they are tired of just fish.....and I feel an absence in our home, we need something?????
I love dogs...I am a dog person...logically that is because I am allergic to kitty's ....but in all honesty, I just love dogs. Here is the thing...I poured my heart into our last dog and it ended badly...I am not ready for another dog, my heart is not there to start over with a dog yet, my heart is still healing.

Once again I don't mind cats and I would so take a picture of my cat doing this exact pose but alas no cats for me...ACHOOOOO! This kills Cheyenne, she loves cats.

"I would love him, and squeeze him, and hug him, and name him George!"... Please tell me you remember this statement from the old Looney Tunes cartoon? Oh look how cute! I need a bunny ...or maybe not....they probably poop everywhere? ...but dang that bunny is cute!....and who is going to clean its cage?

Alright...I know this is not a pet but I want a whole chicken coop with various chickens and I would name them all old English names...I would name this one.."Cuthberta duchess of Grantsville"
How about these...a fatter, cuter version of a rat. Ya...we had one these for awhile when I was a kid it would squeal at 4 am looking for carrots...any pet that wakes me up at 4am is not going to last long in my house. However, I did not know I could accessorize it...I may have to rethink my stance on guinea pigs.....?????

Don't these live to be  like 140 or something? I don't think I am ready for that commitment...I don't know if my future grandchildren are ready to inherit my bird?

How about on of these? Ya...I didn' think so either ...

I have had a couple of these..I love em'...they are easy to care for..they have a decent life span...I can teach it to talk...the mess is minimal???? hmmmm is this our future pet?????


 A hedgehog?
 A chinchilla?
Oh I wish  sea otters could be pets...because I would, "Love him, and I would squeeze, and I would hug him, and name him George!"

......We will see, we will figure it out....Sometime in the year 2012 we will add a new pet to our home.

.......What?...Wait a minute?...I can have a mini "Hoth Wampa"...oh, I am so getting one of these!

* A "Hoth Wampa" is a snow creature from Empire Strikes Back for you uncool people *wink*  *

1 comment:

  1. Could you find out from your ward friends WHERE they practice 7pm Thurs end of June & first week of July? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete