Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I Blame My Upbringing



I was raised in a house where teasing was mandatory..it was not optional...I was teased until I cried. My father and my uncles took it upon themselves to teach me to always be on alert for any potential bodily harm or verbal ribbing's. As a result, my upbringing has warped me into a relentless tease with a sarcastic undertone. I do not tease my children as badly as I was teased.....BUT....if I find a weakness...something that works them all up...I circle like a lion waiting for the sickly gazelle to fall...I wait till they are least expecting and I pounce....the result....me laughing and them either pissed,embarrassed, or crying.

Some parents may not understand this.... these are the parents that have the kids that cry if any other kid does anything to upset their little world and thus the parent is over there explaining to the child that the person did not mean it and they were teasing and blah, blah, blah.....ughhhh....those parents drive me nuts! I want to scream from the top of my lungs that I was sat on by my uncles for not a minute or two at a time but for periods of time that border lined on child abuse...and when you would finally wiggle your way to freedom they grabbed you and sat on you again for another round, and while they sat on you they gave you wet willies (wet willies are the process of licking ones finger and putting into another's ear!). This is 1/16 of the things I endured but I came out alive and never once did my parents have to explain to me when another child was teasing because I could easily dish it back.

Anyways, I am getting off track here...back to where I am going with this....Makenzie....Makenzie is a sickly gazelle...she is easy to tease! She has a flair for the dramatic and reacts with zeal when she is being teased. The twins are more laid back and tend to blow off teasing with their nonchalant attitude....but Makenzie....there is nothing nonchalant about her!

So Makenzie's weakness is her underwear, and nakedness...she gets very embarrassed if we discuss anything on such topics. She wants privacy when getting dressed, flips out if you walk in on her if she is naked. She is sensitive to any of her undergarments being exposed to the world and will ensure we don't see her underwear at all costs. Though I hope she continues this quirk as she hits her late teens and early adulthood...right now it is funny to tease her about her Dora panties

....soooo...we have been doing this elf on a shelf thing ......of course I am going to do something that involves her underwear and the elf......

I know...I know what her reaction is going to be...I know it will upset her and she will be horrified and she will carry on about the elf touching her underwear and her underwear being exposed for the world to see...I know her reaction before I even do it...

yet...I do it...

I blame my upbringing...my upbringing has turned me into this..it just makes me do these type of things!

1 comment:

  1. I had to stop laughing so hard I was crying while reading this. I love this picture and is something I would totally do!! I'm so glad that there are others out there that was raised to appreciate some good humored teasing.

    ReplyDelete