Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolution 2012

It is a funny thing as we approach an ending to a year, we all seem to assess our failures, accomplishments, heartaches, happiness and then we sum it up as a "great" year or a "lousy" year. As I recap the year in my head my first instinct is bog myself down with the negative and sum it up as a "lousy" year.

As I sit here and assess my year in my head I begin going through mental snapshots in my head of the past year and then I turn my attention to actual pictures I have taken and cataloged on my computer and I began seeing images of some of the places we saw and some of the things we did:









I see images of the people I share my life with:







I see fleeting moments of 2011 captured in snapshots:








 I see moments I captured less than 24 hours ago that may be otherwise forgotten over time:



I find myself not necessarily forgetting the struggles we have had this year but taking that moment to realize what gratitude I should have for all the amazing things I experienced this year and those I got to share it with.

I saw on the internet a project called lasso the moon. It is a challenge to take a daily picture...something in your day that captures your attention...capturing a daily moment that may be forgotten...a daily realization of the gifts that everyday brings us.

I am not a resolution kind of a girl but I like this idea...a daily realization of what a gift everyday is

Some days there may be 50 pictures taken because I won't want to forget anything and I suppose there will be days where I struggle to find  something but I think those will be the days I need something like this project the most.

So I am giving it a shot am I going to take a daily picture and I suppose share a week here and there on my blog.....

Here it is my resolution for 2012:
Capture on camera every day a moment to remind me of the gifts that life gives us.



1 comment: