Sunday, December 18, 2011

Week Two With Our Elf!

I am done with school for a few weeks and honestly once I was done with my last final Wednesday.. I collapsed.... I have moved from the couch, to my bed, to the computer desk...I have maxed out my laziness to the fullest extent for a few days. Last week we began our elf on a shelf adventure and this week it has gone well but I honestly have handed some of the responsibilities of the elf to the twins this week because I had no brain cells left to be creative and it may have interrupted my unadulterated laziness!

Anyways, here is part two of our week with "Chip" our elf.

Night 7: Chip left a present under the kids tree for Makenzie...what could it be?

That sweet Chip knows Makenzie loves Jessie from Toy Story so he gave her a small Jessie doll (it was a McDonald's toy I found when cleaning out Christmas stuff)...she loved it!

Night 8: It was a rough night in the Brand household..Lets just say Makenzie was trying to make her way to the naughty list and I may or may not have been on the brink of loosing it as I approached the last of my finals. She went to bed in tears and in trouble so we decided Chip needed to remind her why he is here.

Chip sat down and typed her letter to remind her to be good, kind, helpful, and honest. He also brought up the Santa tracker to show her how close Santa was to come visiting her.

Night 9: Chip left an envelope with seeds from the North Pole and requested her to plant them to see what grows.

Let me explain the thing on his head and body. Makenzie decided he needed a house. I think she thinks if she builds Chip a house he will want to stay all year, and if she built it with marshmallows he  REALLY will want to stay. I explained that I thought the house was to small; she felt otherwise......So this is Chips "house".... Do you think it is to small?

These are the seeds from the North Pole that Chip gave to her. It is a mix of Christmas sprinkles and a pack of wildflower seeds I had in the drawer.

She planted her seeds as soon as she got home from school. It takes a few days for something to grow... so this day is to be continued.......

Night 10: It apparently was party night for Chip and a lot of other toys in the house...even Mr. Potato head and Thor were invited. I actually handed Chip over to the twins for the night and let them decide and stage the evenings event. They told me they wanted Chip to have a party, so when they were done staging the event they wanted to show me...it was Chip and three Barbies...that was it??? Listen, I don't want Chip to give the wrong impression, him wining and dining three ladies is a little reminiscent of Hugh Hefner, so I kindly convinced them that for it to be a good party they needed to invite more people than three ladies...our Chip has a respectable reputation to uphold.

Chip still did manage to find himself keeping company with two lovely blondes.

 Lets face it if you are going to have a party like Chip did the night before...even an elf has got to get caught up on his sleep...So he got Makenzie's stocking and got some sleep.

 He fell asleep at the end of her bed. Here is the funny part, though she was thrilled to see him in the morning at the end of her bed, she was not thrilled to have him in her bed when she went bed that night. She said,"that kinda creeped her out and did not want an elf walking around her bed while she slept!" So we moved Chip under the Christmas tree so Makenzie could sleep peacefully!

 Uh Oh...what did Chip do?

 He T.P.'d the kids Christmas tree.....Makenzie scolded Chip and told him he really should not waste toilet paper like that.

 Cereal spilled on the counter top (Yes! Those are my counter tops...Yes! I have the most hideous 1970's kitchen in the world....and no I don't think this look will ever come back in style..."sigh")......the cereal spelled out her name....well at least her nickname.

Chip hanging out in the cereal tub


This next week will be our last week with Chip, Saturday he will be leaving for the North Pole.

Tonight....I think...something is finally going to grow from those seeds that Chip brought back from the North Pole!

No comments:

Post a Comment