Friday, December 16, 2011

My Last Degree Of Sanity!

http://namebrandmomingenericjeans.blogspot.com/2010/02/full-circle.html

There it is, a link to my very first post I ever did on this blog (Please admire the fine Olan Mills Classic senior photo pose, I also have the one where you are looking over your shoulder, CLASSIC!). Here I am two years later and coming up on finishing the first part of my schooling and getting ready to move in to the last two years. I feel like I have finally hit Normandy Beach and now I am fighting like they did on D-day to keep fighting this war to get my RN.

My CNA license lapsed so I have to go back and take those classes, which is going to be a week of my winter break...sitting in a classroom....and I am finishing up my pathology requirement so I don't have to take that class while I am doing nursing school. Then I turn in my application March 1.....and wait...and wait...and see if I am one of the lucky few to make it in the program.

I am going to admit ..and really this is nothing new for those who are around me...I am stressed....

I am not stressed about actual nursing school....I know it is going to be hard, I think this cartoon expresses my expectations.....
.....see I am realistic...it is going to be HELL!

...here is the thing that is leaving me restless at night, anxiety dripping from my pores, and blood pressure reaching terminal levels...

...me waiting to get into nursing school...this waiting thing to see if I am accepted...I have no control over this part of it!

The nursing school part...I am in control of...my grades, my problem....my performance, my problem...I am in control of it.....

...this part... I have no control over and it is driving me to the brink of insanity!

Anyways, I have posted in a previous blog what my dilemma is if I don't get into this particular program and that is where this stress mounts from.

"phew".....there it is a nutshell...we all have stresses and this is a fraction of mine that seems to be consuming my thoughts....

In the meantime I am going to take the next couple of weeks and soak in my family, do some baking, watch some movies...and just be....a mom, a wife, a friend...

.....not that overstressed nursing student!

No comments:

Post a Comment