Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fighting My Inner Demon....Cupcakes!

So lets talk diet...weight loss......cutting of calories......exercise.......

For all you ladies who were blessed with the skinny genetics...Dang you and your superior genetics!

For  all the ladies who fight the fat but take care of yourself and exercise...I aspire to be like you!

For all the ladies who yo yo but never can find that healthy groove.....I feel your pain!

For all you ladies you go to horrible extremes to lose weight...STOP!! It is not worth the harm you are doing to yourself physically...mentally....just STOP!!!

I am not sure why I picked this body before I came to this earth?! I can hear the description of my physical appearance now.....Thick hair that is neither straight or curly but frizzy...Dry flaky skin.....thin lips....stumpy legs with ample thighs....large buttocks....average height......and the metabolism speed of a sloth....I am positive I said I will take it and the next physical body that came up for grabs was Gisele Budchen.


I actually lost almost 50 pounds last year...and then...well life happened...stress happened....

this happened.....



and though I did not put all the weight back on I put back on a lot of it....boooooo.......

So after the holidays and things settled down I found myself getting ready to go on a cruise, and my summer capris not wanting to button......so me and my dust riddled treadmill had a heart to heart conversation.

It went something like this:

Oh treadmill, you have sat and gathered dust for the last few months years and I am sorry for that but it is time to become reacquainted again. It is time that we become friends again, you and I will become allies on this war I fight with fat. Be kind to me...don't spit me off and send me sailing in to the wall behind me.......



...be patient with me and my slow speeds to begin with......work my butt till I am dripping sweat and don't let me stop until I am finished with my workout.



So I began exercising in the morning..I started barely walking a mile..then I felt myself increasing the speed and the distance...soon I was running......

I know I look similar to this when I run.......


But I am in the privacy of my basement... so I embrace my awkwardness and just go with it.......

I run for about 20-25 minutes in the morning and then if my evening allows it I run for another 20-25 minutes....it works for me..it works for me to break it up..I can't exercise for hours straight...I have attention problems and get distracted easily. When my muscles are not slightly sore the next day  I  increase my speed and distance to feel that little bit of burn. I will start some toning and strength training over the summer.....I am taking baby steps and right now I am just working on cardio....

I am watching what I eat but I am not a food Nazi...I eat three balanced meals...and grab a few healthy snacks throughout the day. I treat myself to some goodies here and there but always in moderation. I will have a healthy relationship with food at some point in my life...I love food.. but I don't need to LOVE food.

... my body is saying thank you and giving me lots of inside hugs....

I have lost how many pounds in 10 weeks?..........



Not biggest loser kind of weight loss but it is just right for me...some weeks I lose nothing...some weeks I lose 4 pounds.....I weigh myself once a week and cheer if I lose some and shrug it off when nothing has been lost.

So 15 weeks from now is my 37th birthday and my goal is to lose another 30. That is basically two pounds a week between now and then.

Realistic.....doable........healthy......

So in 15 weeks I can put this number up as pounds lost.....












No comments:

Post a Comment