Monday, April 2, 2012

Wishin' and Hopin

There was  a singer named Dusty Springfield who was popular in the 60's. She sang a song called, Wishin' and Hopin. The first line of the song is:

"Wishing and hoping and thinking and praying, Planning and dreaming each night....."


I sent my nursing school application in at the end of February...I should be hearing soon.....the final answer.....the answer to what I need to do next...and my thoughts are filled with wishing that I can stay here to finish my schooling...hoping I get accepted...thinking about alternative plans if I don't get in....praying life is taking me where I am meant to be.......planning for the best situation but also preparing myself if I don't get in....dreaming, this will be over soon.......


I have been busy and distracted over the last month but now that the final answer is drawing closer I am ready...ready to move on.....ready to be a Weber State nursing student.....or....


...or......????....I honestly don't know the answer right now.....I am not sure where I am headed otherwise???.....


I am in limbo right now...everything is limbo right now.....

I need some definitive paths for awhile...I know life is never definitive, and you never know what is around the corner... but life as of late has been a continual question of..."What is around the corner"

Think about when you are on a long road trip....you have areas of the road where you have to hold on to the steering with both hands and concentrate on the sharp turns, hazardous road conditions, heavy traffic...then there are places in the road where it is straight, and you can see for miles ahead, and not another car in sight...you casually hold the wheel, and take in the sights around you......

I need a straight road for awhile....I need some calm....I am tired of holding to that steering wheel with all my strength waiting for what is around the corner......

In the meantime,....I am

.....Wishing and hoping and thinking and praying, Planning and dreaming........







No comments:

Post a Comment