Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy...

There they are the Reeves and Brand "brats" minus the oldest Reeves, Gabby. My sister came to visit for the 4th of July holiday. We got together last year for the same holiday and had so much fun we decided to do it again. We don't get a lot of opportunity to spend time together so we cherish what limited time we do have. I love being able to see the cousins spend time together and making childhood memories together. I think most of us have great memories of time we got to spend with our cousins and I think our kids will remember these holidays.
Sisters, and yup those are rabbit ears behind us, Leana's boys are the guilty of that one. I love spending time with my sister. You could say we were not that close growing up. I was the annoying younger sister and she was the know-it-all older sister but as you grow up all those silly childhood things are put aside and you hold on tighter to the family you have and cherish every minute you have with them. I keep teasing her that we will out live our husbands and we will live together and be the crazy cat lady sisters.

My dad came down this year with Jodi and it was great having him here. It is the first time that we have all gotten together for years and we were able to spend and extended weekend together. I think he enjoyed himself and was able to watch all the kids be together and we were so glad he was able to come down.


We live in a small town and the parade is the epitome of a small town parade. It has beauty queens, horses, and floats. It has classic cars, army trucks, redneck vehicles, and local police. Everyone dresses in red, white, and blue and American flags are waving all around. Candy is thrown out for the kids and a few other special goodies. This parade makes me smile every time and it reminds me what great country we live in and what great small town this is.



On the 4th they have a festival set up at the park with booths and a car show. They have a lot of the inflatable slides and obstacle course set up for the kids. Makenzie loved this crocodile blow up. You climb up to its mouth and climb in and it has a slide inside it and an obstacle course and then to get out of the crocodile you have to climb out of its......




hemorrhoid ridden butt. You climb out of its butt!! I did not notice this until I put her in the first time and then went to go look for exit and quickly had to take a picture of what I found. Seriously who designs these things?





This was a large shark and you slide out of its mouth. Makenzie also loved this one. This was her last slide and she came down a little out of control and ended up doing a face plant at the end, and that is why this was her last slide :)......






The twins had fun and brought home some goldfish that they won and by the end of the day they were all floating upside down in the tank. We spent the rest of the day visiting and listening to the boys set off firecrackers and playing a game of croquet. That night we set off lots of fireworks with lots of family and friends and watched the cities fireworks display from our front yard. The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. It is always spent with family and there is always lots of laughs and great food. I love watching the fireworks from my front yard and watching everyone come together to celebrate our nations birthday. 4th of July of 2010 is over and I look forward to next years celebration







No comments:

Post a Comment