Monday, July 5, 2010

Zoom, Zoom off to Lagoon

Here we are and just finishing the roller coaster "Wicked". It is fast and smooth and an amazing roller coaster. My first roller coaster I ever went on was space mountain at Disneyland and I have loved roller coasters ever since. We went to the local amusement park on the 4th of July. The weather was perfect, the lines were short, and the kids were thrilled to be there so it made for a perfect day.
This was the first time Makenzie has been big enough to ride any of the rides. This was her first ride and like my experience with space mountain at Disneyland she was hooked! She laughed and giggled and wanted to go on everything after this ride.

There is my husband way up there connected to a few bungee cords suspending him high in the air. He is with Jodi, my dads wife and somehow my dad convinced her to get on it. I would have said, "Hell No!". I may love roller coasters but I am not a huge fan of heights and this surpassed my comfort zone.


They survived the fall but I do think Jodi may have pulled Adrian's shoulder out of socket....



There they all are, the little things that I love with every bone in my body. At this point we were in Pioneer Village and they were getting a little tired, hot and cranky so what fixes these conditions in children, ICE CREAM! We stopped and had some yummy ice cream cones and that seemed to cure grumpies and we were right back to riding rides!




I think if I were to pick some of my favorite pictures ever of Makenzie this would make the top five. Can you just feel the pure joy and exhilaration of the three year old in this picture. She was on the tidal wave and she raised her arms just like the big kids and she had everyone pointing and smiling and taking pictures of her because she was without any fear and her pure joy was contagious.





Adrian and my brother-in-law getting ready to be thrown high into the air again. Once again this surpassed my comfortable height requirement. It looks like a huge hamster ball being thrown to ones own death.






There they are high in the air but they did not plunge to their death :)....







We started our lagoon day at 11:00 am and ended our day at 10:30 pm. This was Makenzie's last ride at 10:00 pm and she was still going strong. It was a fun day with my sister and dad and all the family being together and we will be sure to do it again soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment