Thursday, September 30, 2010

Halloween Rant!

So here is my parental rant for the day and if you know me you have heard this rant before. It is my Halloween costume rant. My twins wear junior size clothing and apparently according to those who make Halloween costumes feel that my 11 year old needs to be a slut for Halloween. It can be a nurse slut, prison slut, witch slut, devil slut, pirate slut, pixie slut, goth slut.....and the list goes on and on. If my girl is 11 or 19 I hope I have taught her enough common sense that she can decide on her own that there are other cute Halloween costume choices aside from being a SLUT!

Why has this become the new fad? The media and marketers have decided collectively that all girls should wear as little on this holiday to prove their sexiness. Listen I am not a prude but I think you can look sexy as women without blatantly looking like you just stepped off a bad adult film set and I especially do not want my 11 year old looking like she just came from an adult film set.

So to the marketing companies I want to say, PLEASE, let my child be a child and try not to dress them up as some pedophiles fantasy!

So I suppose we are off to the local thrift store to come up with something on our own and I promise you it will be three times more creative and they will look appropriate for their age!

2 comments:

  1. i have a few wigs you could borrow if you are interetested. on is a long blonde, another a short blonde ringlets painted neon orange, and the last is a 60's fro complete with hair pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to go to DI sometime in the next week and see what we can figure out and if we need a wig I will let you know...thanks for the offer :).....

    ReplyDelete