Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Real Houswife of Grantsville

I have an addiction, an addiction that makes my husband roll his eyes at me, an addiction that lowers my intelligence , an addiction that I don't think I can beat.

It is the addiction of the Real Housewives on Bravo. It is reality T.V. at its finest. Don't judge me, especially those of you that watch The Bachelor, you have no room to judge me if you watch that show.

This season we are introduced to the Beverly Hills Housewives. They are dripping in diamonds, they are all surgically enhanced, and live in multi-million dollar homes. They are superficial, catty, and alarmingly fake but still I watch. Why does this show fascinate me? Is it because it is so far from normal life that I tell myself that nobody really lives this way? Is there such a life that you spend hours a week at the spa, have your own personal hairdresser and makeup artist to come to your house everyday to make you beautiful? A place that has private chefs, glamorous parties, and shopping trips that entails spending more then 20,000 dollars at a time?

My life entails chipped pedicures I did myself, grocery shopping trips to Wal-mart, buy one get free coupons at Arby's, Shopping trips to the consignment shops to save money on buying three kids clothes, redboxrental ( an extra bonus if I find a coupon for a free rental), Duct taped appliances, hand me down furniture, and hot glued knick knacks that my children have broken. Do you think Bravo would want to come film the Real Housewife of Grantsville? I promise I will wear my best loungy pants, and make them the finest dinner of Mac and Cheese and chicken nuggets they have ever had!

It all started with the O.C housewives and then the New York Housewives and then the Atlanta housewives. The Washington D.C. housewives and now Beverly Hills housewives have been introduced for my viewing pleasure. I have my favorites and my not so favorites and yet I still watch them all. I truly think Grantsville has potential though. I know...I know...you are saying, "Turn off the T.V....watch some PBS...get a life Michele!" I say......."No!" .....

I am sorry, this is me, watcher of trashy reality T.V., contributer to the downfall of our society.....

Hi, my name is Michele and I am a Real Housewives addict..........and potential star of the "Real Housewives of Grantsville"...............

1 comment:

  1. I Love It!!!! I'll even move back to Grantsville if I can be part of it :)

    ReplyDelete