Saturday, October 1, 2011

That "PERSON!"



Angry Birds, Pinterest, and Firefly...what do all these things have in common? They have been my Saturday, a Saturday of laziness! I love those kind of days, days where your hair looks the same as when you woke up, you don't change out of your pajamas, you eat junk food all day, you watch T.V. show marathons,  browse the internet aimlessly, and play stupid games on your phone all day.

But...but......

......you know when you have one of those kind of days someone will inevitably come to your door at lets say about 4 in the afternoon and you are still wearing your P.J.'s, and you have bed head, and potato chip crumbs distributed across your shirt. You don't want to answer the door, you just want to pretend you are not home. You don't want to be that "person"... that "person" that stays in their pajamas all day watching T.V. ! You want to be that "person" that is put together..that has spent their Saturday doing chores, baking cookies, ran a marathon, and washed the car, entertained friends, and has a fabulous night on the town planned....

...not the Dorito eating, science fiction watching, internet browsing person......

Yes...someone came to my door today at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon and I stood in the doorway with my bedhead and P.J.'s and  junk food eating breath . After this visitors departure, I threw my hands in the air and exasperatingly said.......

 "Why does someone inevitably come  to the door on my lazy day!"

I paused....and then I said......

"Hey, pause the T.V...... lets go through the drive thru and get a burger and some fries!"

Lets face it I was that "person" today, I mine as well reach my maximum potential of being that "person" today.....now if you excuse me, I have TiVo and Facebook to get caught up on.........






No comments:

Post a Comment