Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Conversation with a three year old

A conversation that Makenzie and I had after she had been let out of her room for being in time out. She was in time out because she was playing in my makeup.



Makenzie: " You should not put me in my room and make your voice loud at me!"



Me: "Why should I not put you in your room when you do something that is wrong?"



Makenzie: " You should not put me in my room and make your voice loud because you love me
and when you love someone you should not put them in their room!"



Me: " I always love you but sometimes I don't like what you are doing and that is why I raise my voice and put you in your room."



Makenzie: Pause............"Jesus loves me.....he would not put me in my room and raise his voice
at me and guess what, he likes me too!"



Me: Silence..............



She left the room at that moment and I was left realizing I lost the verbal smackdown with my three year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment