Monday, April 26, 2010

Memories

You know what I love about old pictures. It is not the picture of me but what is in the background and the memories that each of them have. I remember the shirt that my sister is wearing, that couch, the curtains and of course the dog, Vader. I think my dad swore at that dog more then any other dog we owned.

This is me dancing in my Aunt Wanda's living room. My Grandma Viv and Grandpa Mac are sitting on the couch.They both have passed away. I remember the shirt I am wearing. My parents went to Reno and I stayed with my grandma Viv while they were gone. They brought me that shirt and a stuffed animal that was a lion. I am sure music was playing and that is why I am dancing. There was always music and dancing and laughter in Aunt Wanda's home.


I still have these shelves. They are now in my family room. Our family dog Robbie. I remembered the day she died, my heart broke that day. The stereo in the back ground. I used to sit on my living room floor and listen to scooby-doo stories on records. I remember that dress and the one my sister is wearing



This picture was also taken at my Aunt Wanda's. She always had something to give you to eat. She always made me honey and peanut butter sandwiches. She was a wonderful cook and this picture reminds me so much of her. She had a laugh that makes me smile when I think of it.




Those are the feet of my Grandpa Howell. He was a kind man who loved us kids. I used to cheat when I played the card game old maid with him until he figured it out and beat me at my own game.





My first pet. His name was Tweety. I loved that bird! He loved gum and would attack you if you knew you had gum in your mouth. He had a bell in his cage that he thought was his mate and he once got his toe caught in that bell and had a deformed toe because of it.







This was the house I was raised in. The wheelchair in the background was my Grandmother Howell's. I never knew her I was two when she passed away. My daughter Kaitlynn's middle name is named after her, Ruth. I wish I would have had a chance to get to know her. I also never meet my fathers father, he passed away when my father was young. I am glad my children know all their grandparents and even a few great-grandparents.






That light in the background was my Grandpa Howell's camera to make home movies. He loved technology. He would have loved all the computer, and digital things we have now a days. All us kids would scatter when we saw that light come out because it would blind you. In all the home movies we are squinting. I am glad he made those movies. They are all wonderful memories.








No comments:

Post a Comment