Saturday, February 12, 2011

BFF's!

First of all let me take a breath and exhale. It has been one of those weeks that seems as though it has been a tornado of multiple activities. I want to share my Thursday night activity and it will lead into my theme for February. Thursday night I headed down to the Salt Lake public library. Which was my first visit to this beautiful library, it is amazing inside. I went to go get a book signed by my favorite blogger "Pioneer Woman". If you have not visited her site, stop reading my boring old blog and head over to pioneer woman and you will get lost in her stories, recipes, and photography. Reading her blog is part of my morning ritual and because she shares her personal life I feel like I know her personally and we have been friends forever, which of course she has no idea who I am but I make believe otherwise. She has written a book about her falling in love with her husband. Most of the story is posted on her blog, it is a sweet simple love story that makes you endure yourself to her even more. Her husband, kids, and family are everything to her and she has amazing recipes that include lots of butter and for that reason she always has my attention.


The person pictured to the right in the above photo is Rachelle. I met Rachelle in junior high. We had both recently moved and were fairly new in school. We shared a math class, my math professor always called my name wrong on the role, he called me Michael Beak, and would mark me absent on the role because I gave up trying to correct him so I would not answer him. Rachelle sat on the other side of the classroom with a painfully awkward haircut that we still laugh about to this day and I am not sure if we had a weird telepathic awkward bond with one another but we shared a kindred gawkiness that somehow made us automatic friends. We were inseparable. Our parents came to expect us together at all times and asked where the other was at when we were not together. If our families went out to dinner, shopping, or even vacation we were both there.


I could do pages and pages of the stuff we used to do considering our history with one another goes back 20 plus years. Our husbands grew up together and were childhood friends, of course we did that on purpose so that we didn't have that awkward dynamic of my husband not liking my best friends husband, they already knew each other so that made things much easier (please know that I am joking, we did not set out to marry a set of friends it just happened that way).

Anyways...what I love about Rachelle. I could not imagine her not in my life. I lived out east for several years and even though we had a 1000 plus miles between us I always referred to her as my best friend and always tried to give her a call when I got a chance. We are both married and moms and have full schedules and we don't always get a chance to talk to each other very often but when we get a chance to be together we pick up right where we left of and we turn back in to giggly junior high teens again. I know I could call her at anytime and she would drop whatever she is doing and be there for me. She listens when I need someone to unload my neurotic woes on and she will share some of her neurotic woes with me.


Everyone needs that one friend in their life that you know will be there till one of us parts this earth. We know each others past and we care about what the future has to bring to each other. Rachelle is an amazingly beautiful person inside and out and I am so blessed she is part of my life. This quote is for you Rachelle,


"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"~ Christopher Robin to Pooh

1 comment:

  1. You're gonna make me cry! I don't know what I would do without you either and am glad that we have stayed so close for so many years. Thank you for your kind and loving words. I love ya too!!!

    ReplyDelete