Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What I Love About You


February 1st......the month of expressing our love. I thought why not write this month about those I love and what I love about them. I figured I should start with the hubby. In March we will have been married 17 years. Our weekdays are busy, like everyone else, we are all going in different directions. Adrian heads out of town and I seem to be always at the school and the kids are coming and going in the middle of all of it. Friday night I come home from school and the first thing I do is go to Adrian, give him a big kiss on his bald head and a big hug. It is my way of saying, "Hi, I missed you this week".

Seventeen years later and I look forward to the time I have with him, I look forward to just being able to spend a few uninterrupted hours with him. Sometimes we are 50/50 in the relationship some times one of us is stronger than the other so it is 70/30, we always balance each other out somehow. Without a shadow of a doubt he is my best friend.

We are both so stubborn and we bicker and disagree but we seem to let these disagreements be short lived and we both move on and forgive quickly. On occasion we have to remind one another that an apology is owed and we usually give our smirks and eventually say, "I am sorry".

He calms me down, I am a worrier and I seem to be hesitant and pessimistic when life keeps beating us down but he always reminds me that we will make it through better and stronger. We have had a rough few years with a lose of job, benefits, and financial stability. We are surviving, we just get more creative on how to stretch our minimal budget and we know things will get better but this is our trial for now and we deal with it as best as we can.

He is the first to encourage me do something and never forgets to tell me he loves me. If he ever has an opportunity to buy me a gift whether small or large he will, he has never been selfish and will always make sure I have everything I need before he buys for himself.

He loves his girls and I think he is a wonderful example to them on how a man should love his wife. He is the first to say something if he feels they are being disrespectful to me. We always try to stand a united front when it comes to decisions about the kids.

This is the man I married seventeen years ago. I could not predict where we would be back then and I still can't predict where we will be in another seventeen years but at this moment and at this time I am blessed with someone that I truly love with all my soul.......


No comments:

Post a Comment