Friday, February 25, 2011

Really, I Am Okay, I Promise!

I'm sitting here late on a Friday night because first of all I think I drank to many Coke zero's and my caffeine level is reaching dangerous levels in my body but I am also wide awake because for some reason I feel like I should be stressing, worrying, having anxiety attacks...but I am not. Why should I be riddled with stress....Adrian was laid off Thursday.

Several employees have been laid off over the last year at his job. We thought and were told that Adrian's job was safe because he was the only one that could perform his job. His salary was the highest in his department but once again he was the only one that could do his job. Thursday morning the general manager laid off four more employees and Adrian was part of the cut. It came as a surprise to his manger and soon anger and confusion spread through the department because if they were willing to let Adrian go then who else was on the chopping block because everyone's jobs were expendable at this point.

When Adrian arrived back home Thursday morning with the bad news I was not surprised, I was upset because the decision was not logical but there was nothing we could do about it.

So why am I not going out of mind...chewing my nails till they bleed, pacing the floor, curling up into a fetal position in the corner? The minute the news hit me I had nothing but calmness (I keep telling myself its numbness because there is no reason to be calm). I heard that voice saying, it will be okay...that still quiet voice.

I don't know what is in our future, maybe something better or maybe more trials ahead but we will make it through, we always do. We have some options in the work that would be ideal but of course we have a Plan B as an option if those first choice things don't come through, I don't want to think about Plan B but we will do what we have to do. Plan B would involve Adrian on the road a lot and the thought of our family having to be separated that much is painful but if that sacrifice is the plan that has been set for us than we are up for the challenge.

A vacation was planned awhile ago and it is approaching in about 2 and half weeks , we are spending a couple days in Vegas and then headed to the happiest place on earth, Disneyland. So we are going to go ahead with our plans; keep living life, taking it day by day. Continuing to have the faith that it all will work out, and to remain calm, and to always be in tune to that still quiet voice

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear the news. You are right, that things will be okay. Keep being brave and calm. Your family needs your strength. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Michele, I am so sorry. You are right to keep listening to that still small voice. You guys have already been through so much, it makes me wonder why the challenges keep coming. Stay strong, enjoy your vacation and know that Kenny and I are here for your family and you will be in our prayers. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete