Monday, February 28, 2011

The Sin of Gluttony

So it is a Sunday afternoon, I am a bit under the weather trying to recover and be healthy for an upcoming vacation. I gave the options for dinner tonight. Trying to keep it simple because I am not in the mood to cook. Normally Sundays I try to make a nice dinner because during the week it is fast and simple dinners because I have to leave for school before 5 every night. Cheyenne informed me that we should one Sunday make everyone's favorite meal. So I explained that would be more food than any of us could eat, we would look like a buffet. Her response, "How cool would that be!" She began to prepare the menu verbally...listen to this menu..I am exhausted and full just listening to her list it off.

Rachael Ray's Official Website :: Paprika Chicken Stew with Potato Pierogies~ Yummy stew, the longer it stays on the stove the better it is, super easy to make and fairly inexpensive

White Enchiladas- In Utah this recipe floats around a lot but mine is not made with cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken, there is something so wrong with using either of those in an enchilada dish.

My mother-in-laws gumbo- I have only made it a couple of times, she usually makes it, not hard to make but it took me a couple times to get it to taste like hers. We all gather like scavenging hyena's when she makes it. She also makes an incredible potato salad and stuffing for thanksgiving.

Praline sweet potato casserole- Dessert disguised as a side dish

Homemade Mac and Cheese- Nothing beats the homemade stuff.

Stuffed chicken croissant rolls- Some chicken, onion, mushrooms, and cream cheese all wrapped up in a croissant.

Lasagna- The key is to buy the no boil noodles...saves time and the noodles turn out perfect.

About this time I stopped Cheyenne and asked, "are you done yet?", and she responded by saying, "Don't forget dessert"

Homemade chocolate chip cookies- I add pudding to my recipe, keeps them soft and dense

Banana bars- I make the recipe in a sheet cake pan, it taste like banana bread but then you add a homemade cream cheese frosting that sends it over the top.

Symphony Brownies- Make a packaged brownie mix, pour half the batter in a pan, layer a symphony bar on top of batter, add the rest of batter....gives the brownie a gooey caramel center.

That was her menu, every thing she thinks we should make. I think because we stayed home from church today we should have a lesson on the seven deadly sins, we will start with sin gluttony...........

No comments:

Post a Comment