Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Music of My Life

Do you ever listen to a song and it brings up certain memories? Adrian bought me tickets to a U2 concert, I have listened to U2 forever and I am so excited to be going to one of their concerts. On our first date we went to a U2 laser show, at what used to be Hansen Planetarium. I had been to this laser show a few times but this time...this time was different...the songs that I had listened to for years were now associated to me falling in love for the first time.
Back to the first date with Adrian....In between going to dinner and the laser show this CD was playing the whole time in his car...I love everything about this album and I still play it all the time...this album just makes me happy.
First time I heard this song was when Adrian and I were driving into Baltimore in our U-haul. We were moving from Utah, starting our new life. The songs on this album remind of this time in our lives. We always had this album in our CD player in the car as we drove around the east coast exploring all the new places we had never seen.
The Wallflowers album reminds me of our time in Florida. We had only had lived there for a short time when a change of job took Adrian back to DC but I was not able to move right away with him; I had to stay in Florida for a few months. I drove up to see him in DC (a 12+ hour drive) and I played this CD over and over while I took this long drive. When I hear these songs now I think of that commute and the distance we had between us.
No Doubt...they are second to my U2..I love No doubt. No Doubt reminds me of our time spent in DC. What a fun time...what an incredible album.
There has been so many more albums since and artists that I love. I currently listen to this Zac Brown album a lot, it is an album that seems to be our go to car CD when we are traveling somewhere.When I was thinking of all the albums and artists I love, I found a common theme among these albums....all these albums have memories with Adrian involved with them....

17 years ago we went to a U2 laser show together...two kids going on a first date...17 years later we are going to a U2 concert...a married couple of seventeen years and the proud parents of three amazing kids....so I suppose you could say that music that is special to me, is precious, because it is connected to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment