Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Really?.....I Mean Really?

Mothers of twins may live longer

First read the link I posted above and then I want to explain why I think whoever did this study has (A) Never been Pregnant With Twins! (B) Never had Twin Toddlers Living in Their Home! (C) Has Never had Pre-Teen Girl Twins Living in Their Home!.......We have a longer life?! Ha I say....hahahahaha.....since the moment I was pregnant with twins betweeen stress, worry, and aggravation, they have at a minimum, taken at least 10 years off of my life.

Lets begin with pregnancy with twins. First of all the minute you hear it is twins, that is at least 6 months off your life due to your heart stopping briefly and doing irreversible damage. Do you have any idea what being pregnant with twins does to your body! Your body morphs into a Macy's thanksgiving day float by the 4 month. Your belly measures at full term and your butt also measures at full term by the 5th month,ughh, the stretch marks alone, I don't even want to go there. The unborn babies are fighting for space and are at constant battle with one another so that means they are always moving and one will have a foot in the rib while the other is sitting on your bladder, and when they both move from the outside it resembles an Alien movie, and you are just waiting for something to tear right through your belly button . My twins were born preemies, little itty bitty preemies. The stress of the NICU and all the medical tests alone were at least 5 years off my life right there.

Twin toddlers..are you kidding me! Think about the damage and all the work a toddler is let alone two. You can't believe the things they think up, and the trouble they get into. Potty training was at least one year off my life. Any day outing with twin toddlers causes enough stress to at least equate to three months off my life. Traveling with twins...twins who will not sleep in the car....."shudder"......the toddler years were at least three years off my life.

Pre-teen girls...hormonal, angst ridden, sensitive...pre-teen twin girls. The fights, oh the fights that take place. The fights over clothes, computer time, homework, friends, bra shopping...I swear they are chipping away at my mortality and we have not even hit the full on teen years yet. I would say they have taken at least two years off my life through pure aggravation.

At this rate I say might live to be 65 if I am lucky. Mothers of twins live longer..HAHA...I needed a good laugh today.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I see how you got a good laugh from this one. First, why are they using statistics from the late 1800's and comparing them with our society now? Life is so different and raising children is so different now compared to back then. Pregnancy and childbirth is in no way comparable. Who though up this one and then had the gumption to actually write about it and print it?

    However, at the beginning of the article it said the if you are a healthier woman than you will have twins (something like that). So, that is what you get for being healthy!

    ReplyDelete