Tuesday, May 31, 2011

In A Blink of An Eye

Do you have ever have those weeks, months, and what seems like years just pass you by in a blink of an eye? As I laid on the couch yesterday because of a combination of something I ate not agreeing with me and I think pure exhaustion; I had that moment of trying to relive my last few months and wondering what happened to them.

The twins are in Idaho with my mother, Makenzie was over at my in-laws celebrating cousins birthdays....it was just Adrian and I in the house. I am still at the point in our family that it is truly a rare occasion when there is no kids in the house. As we prepared a simple dinner for ourselves and we clattered around the kitchen I finally looked at Adrian and said, that this is our near future...him and I, making a dinner for two.

Makenzie heads off to kindergarten this year, the twins are headed to 6th grade. We still have a lot of years to go but getting to this point thus far as happened in what seems like a blink of an eye.

I will readily admit and not apologize that one of the top reasons I have gone back to school is so that when Adrian and I get to the empty nest phase of our life...we want to travel, we want to have a full schedule of fun activities...we want to enjoy life, not just sit at home going through the motions of life and marriage.

Anyways, my point I suppose is, I wish I could slow down things a little so I can make sure I enjoy this chaotic time and watch my children's lives unfold before my eyes. I look forward to my future and hopefully we get to accomplish plans we have made for our empty nest years.

Reminiscing the past, planning the future, living in the now....that is life, flying by in a blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment