Saturday, May 7, 2011

Why I Race




I walked the race for the cure this morning. They always do this race right before mothers day. I made a personal promise to myself that when my mom was going through treatment for breast cancer I was going to do this race every year. I was unable to be there with my mom when she was going through her treatments, surgery, and recovery. I was not there to see it first hand on a daily basis so this is my way of remembering, my glimpse into those who have survived breast cancer and to share a day with those who lost someone they loved to breast cancer. It is amazing to see all these people coming together, celebrating life and memories. I go to celebrate my mom.

When I walk this race, the song I posted above flows through my mind:

I run for hope, I run to feel
I run for the truth for all that is real
I run for your mother, your sister, your wife
I run for you and me my friend
I run for life.

Today I walked for my mom, for my friends, for my daughters...I walked for me so I will always remember.

1 comment: